Prime Minister of Saint Kitts and Nevis – Dr.Denzil Douglas.
SKN PULSE, Friday 26th December, 2014 – As the clock ticks and the seconds fade 2014 will be labelled as a distant memory for many. However, our tiny Island Paradise of Saint Kitts and Nevis will forever remember 2014, for the simple fact that progress, promises and delivery were the key words that fueled the way for a progressive Saint Kitts and Nevis.
(Prime Minister Douglas out and about)
The dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Dr. Denzil Douglas single handedly created the portrait that strong leadership is important.
This year he received many awards such as the CTO Lifetime Achievement Award, The Gandhi King-Ikeda Peace Award and the Global Award. Clearly, this is suggestive of the fact that although Dr. Douglas is short in stature, he is Brave In Heart and Large On The Out Look of Life.
Prime Minister Douglas.
Further, under the esteemed leadership of Dr. Douglas, The Labour Party led Administration were able to open an Embassy in Havana earlier this year, (June) which added to its International out reach appeal. If such isn’t considered a highlight then initiatives that hit closer to home include:
1) Payment of Double Salary for Civil Servants in December 2014.
2)Payment of increase to Civil Servants in January 2014. Payment for 2015 is fast approaching.
3) Civil Servants Appreciation Day.
4) Facilitation of a relief so that Nevis can pay Civil Servants, Non-Established Workers and Pensioners.
5) Delivery of a new fire truck to the Fire and Rescue services in Nevis.
6) Hospital in Nevis receiving equipment through the Social Security board handed over by Prime Minister Douglas.
7) Facilitation of computer gifts to high school students.
8) Increase of the Minimum Wage.
9) Launched 1 SKN Campaign. Continued partnership between The Saint Kitts and Nevis Labour Party and The Nevis Reformation Party. The Signing of the Contract For Progress outlines the way forward for the relationship for Saint Kitts and Nevis.
Marcella Liburd, Honourable Patrice Nisbett & The Right Honourable Dr. Denzil Douglas.
Moreover, mention must be made that Prime Minister Douglas leadership role extends far beyond the waters of Saint Kitts and Nevis, his work with the Clinton Foundation have placed Saint Kitts and Nevis on the map, as Prime Minister Douglas’ work ethic has been hilighted by Former United States President Bill Clinton. As a consequence, the Clinton Foundation because of the nature of Douglas’ effort has indicated their willingness to assist with the energy saving initiative and further lend support to Geothermal for Nevis.
Prime Minister Douglas and Fomer United States President Bill Clinton.
Last but by no means least, the construction sector in Saint Kitts continue to boom with the continued growth of the Park Hyatt Hotel, the Christopher Harbour Development and Kittian Hill Development. All of the following after completion would create a boom in the employment statistics.
What A Man, Displaying to the world that Saint Kitts and Nevis Tallawah.
SKN PULSE wishes to Salute Dr. Douglas for his outstanding Leadership Skills that he continues to exhibit year after year.
NOTE: Dr. Douglas leadership style caters to the young, the in between and the old. Perfect example of this: At the official launch of the Contract for Progress, the Concert was a strategic move that brought people of different political persuasions together to signal ONENESS: Two Parties, One Mission, Real Progress.
Posted by SKN PULSE.