1. The Right Honourable Dr. Denzil Douglas led Saint Kitts and Nevis Labour Party continue to show its initiative driven oriented development plans through the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with Seneca College in Canada. Such a move signal that the government is interested in ensuring that students continue to pursue tertiary education overseas through avenues that would ensure long term personal growth in construction, tourism, trade and technology. Once students meet the requisite criteria mechanisms would be put in place to allow the smooth transitioning of SKN nationals to Seneca College. Honorary Consul General for Saint and Nevis Mr. John Allen was solely responsible for signing the MOU in the absence of the Prime Minister while Seneca President Mr. David Agnew signed on behalf of the school. Such a signing was done at the Newnham Campus on Monday 22nd December 2014.
2. The Nevis Island Administration has issued a Press Release stating that Wednesday 24th, December 2014 would be considered a half holiday for Civil Servants as Government Offices would be closed at 12:00 (pm). Regular government office hours would resume as Monday 29th December, 2014.
3. The Alexandra Hospital on Nevis received in kind a ventilator, anesthesia machine and a bus. Thanks to the Social Security Board advancements are being made in health. The official ceremony took place on the grounds of the hospital on Friday, 19th December and on hand were, The Right Honourable Prime Minister Dr. Denzil Douglas – Minister Responsible for Social Security, Minister Responsible for Health in the Nevis Island Administration Honourable Mark Brantley, Director of Social Security Mrs. Sephlin Lawrence and Medical Chief of staff Dr. Essien.
4. Even at the eleventh hour the Motion of No Confidence case continues. By now its evident that an election will take place in the coming months but it is evident that the opposition refuses to withdraw their case against the speaker of the house. In their latest quest, they are seeking to have the speaker cross examined.
5. North Korea appears to have regained Internet Access on Tuesday 23rd December 2014 after they loss access on Monday 22nd December, 2014. The blackout lasted approximately nine (9 hours).
Posted by SKN PULSE.